End of Life Companion: When someone receives a terminal diagnosis, it can become a time of uncertainty, anxiety, stress, and fear. WE EMPOWER our clients with the knowledge of what to expect during each phase of the dying process, so they are able to make decisions to bring the patient comfort.
- We walk alongside the patient and family by actively listening and advocating for their wishes, so they know they are not alone.
- We reinforce what they have learned, including information from medical institutions and allow them the space to reflect and move forward with the care needed.
- We affirm everyone’s experiences without judgement but with compassion, love, and empathy.
- We create a relationship that nurtures peace and acceptance of the current situation.
- We encourage our clients to show up as they are and to feel safe to be their true self. If there are any unresolved issues lingering, we assist in the healing of them to ensure a smooth transition from this world.
Life Review: WE EMPOWER our clients with the acknowledgement that they are more than the current situation but a culmination of their life decisions, actions, roles and contributions. We thoroughly examine and document their impact and contributions to their families, communities and the world.
Remembrances: WE EMPOWER our clients with the tools to create remembrances to leave behind for their loved ones and offspring for generations to come. Remembrances can be in the form of amazing stories, letters and cards for later delivery, or anything they want to leave behind to tell their story.
Death Plan: WE EMPOWER our clients with a voice in how they want the last 24 to 48 hours of the patient’s life to go. We guide them through the process of deciding what they want to happen, who they want to be there, and how they want the sacred environment to look, smell, feel, etc. We plan for what should happen after the passing such as who needs to be notified.
Vigils: WE EMPOWER our clients with a centered, grounded professional to hold their hands through the active dying phase to ensure a peaceful transition. An end of life doula journeys with the patient and family in these final hours.
Funeral Planning: WE EMPOWER our clients with funeral and life celebrant services options. We assist with writing the obituary and eulogy, while allowing the patient to participate in the planning as an option and being sensitive to different cultures and religions. We are available to follow up with the family as they grieve and develop new ways of being without their loved ones.