COVID Safety Protocols
You Are Not Alone Elder Care LLC (YANAEC) is focused on quality of life for our clients up until their last breath and has a high regard for client safety, health, and well-being.
YANAEC monitors and implements the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and New Jersey’s Department of Health.
YANAEC will adhere to and prompt clients within their ability to do the following:
Prior to Visit
- Answer the following questions and ask clients and those who live in the house the following questions as appropriate
- Have you had any signs or symptoms of a fever in the past 24 hours such as chills, sweats, felt “feverish” or had a temperature that is elevated to 100.0F or greater?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms; Cough, Shortness of Breath, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Nasal Congestion/Runny Nose, Myalgia (Body Aches), Loss of Taste and/or Smell, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting?
- Have you traveled internationally or outside of the state in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or told by a healthcare provider that you may have COVID-19?
- Infrared temperature will be taken prior to entrance to the home and/or beginning service by both parties.
- If either party answers yes to any of the questions, the visit will be cancelled and/or rescheduled without penalty to either party.
- Focus on outside activities
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people as appropriate
- Cover mouth and nose with a mask/face covering when around others, especially when 6 feet distance measures are difficult to maintain
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of the elbow
- Throw used tissues in a non-touch receptacle
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Maximize the room’s air flow and circulation as appropriate
- Keep the following items on hand; soap, hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, tissues, disinfectant, thermometer, paper towels, gloves, disinfectant wipes, masks/face coverings, non-touch receptacle
- After each client, the automobile will be cleaned, disinfected and ventilated
- Passengers will occupy the seats farthest from the driver as appropriate
- Follow local health guidelines and any additional guidelines provided by individual establishments